How much are wine tastings at Pearmund Cellars? Our tasting fee is $10.00 + tax to try approximately 11 wines. Please see below for tastings fees for groups of 6 people or more.
I want to visit with a group of 6 or more people. What do I need to know? If you plan to visit Pearmund Cellars with 6 or more people, we kindly ask that you make a reservation by calling 540-347-3475. All persons present are required to have a valid ID. Group tastings are $15 per person.
- Is a payment due? A $25.00 deposit is due at the time of booking. This fee will be deducted from your final cost at the time of your visit. To minimize wait time in line we ask that one person pay for the entire group upon arrival.
- Where are group tastings conducted? Our group tastings are located in our barrel room or at outside bar in the vineyard, weather permitting. Please be aware that your tasting may be conducted in the barrel room where the temperature is set to 60 degrees. Dress accordingly.
- Can we arrive in a bus/limo? In most situations, yes. Please mention if you are arriving by bus or limo when making your group reservation. Please be aware that we do not provide tastings to groups arriving by KegBus or Boomerang Bus.
- How long does the tasting last? Depending on the size of your group, the tasting will range from 30 minutes to one hour. If you are planning to stop at multiple wineries, we suggest adding 15 minutes on either end to allow time for pictures, using the restroom, and checking out.
- Do we get to keep the wine glasses? Our wine glasses can be purchased for $3.00 each.
- Does the group tasting include food? The tasting does not include food, but we do have an assortment of meats, cheeses and spreads available for purchase in the tasting room.
Do you have food for sale? We do have an assortment of local and imported cheeses, pre-packaged items including meats, dips, warm baguettes, pita chips, crackers (gluten free available) On most weekends we host a local BBQ or Pizza caterer.
Do you allow outside food? We encourage customers to enjoy the foods we have available. Coolers and family picnics are not allowed unless previously cleared. These are better suited to a community public park. Barrel owners and wine club members are welcome with their food as part of their program.
Do you allow outside alcoholic beverages? NO. Virginia State Law strictly prohibits all off-site liquor, beer, and wine on our property. If you have purchased wine at other Virginia wineries we kindly ask that it remain in your vehicle. Please respect this law, as our license is in jeopardy with any violations.
Do you serve beer? We are strictly a wine facility.
What is your shipping policy? We have a 3-bottle minimum per shipment. Our standard shipping rate is $20 for 3-6 bottles and $30 for 6-12 bottles. Please call the tasting room at 540-347-3475 to receive a quote on shipments of more than 12 bottles or to see if we are able to ship to you!
Do you offer any discounts? Enjoy 10% off 6+ bottles and 20% off a case of wine. Mixed cases are eligible for discounts.
Are children allowed at the winery? Our posted rules are that on Saturday and Sunday Pearmund Cellars is a place for adults. All rules have exceptions. Our barrel owners families are welcome to picnic on our grounds as an added perk of membership. To inquire about Barrel Membership, please click here. On weekdays, children are welcome on the property but they must be supervised at all times and not disrupt other guests or be disrespectful to anyone’s property. Please remember to drink responsibly if you are driving precious cargo!
Are you dog friendly? We love dogs! Unfortunately we cannot have them inside the building. You are welcome to bring your dog for a visit but they must stay on a leash and outside at all times. We kindly ask that you clean up after your pet and remember to bring them water.
Can I smoke at the winery? Yes, but pleased be mindful of other customers around you. If we receive any complaints, we will kindly ask you to move to a designated smoking area.
Is the winery wheelchair accessible? Yes.
What holidays are you open or closed? We are open everyday except Christmas Day, New Years Day, Easter Sunday and Thanksgiving Day.
Do you host weddings and private events? Yes. We handle event inquiries on a case-by-case basis and therefore do not have any standard pricing. We are unable to host large weddings during normal business hours and we are restricted by city ordinances with how late after-hours events can take place. For more information regarding hosting an event at Pearmund Cellars, please email John@pearmundcellars.com or call John Memoli at 540-347-3475.
Do you have a wine club? Yes, click here to learn more.
Do you have live music on the weekends? At Pearmund Cellars we strive to provide a relaxing and quiet atmosphere for our customers; therefore, we have chosen to not schedule live music events at this time. Please be aware that we always have appropriate music playing through our sound system around the facility.
If no live music, what forms of entertainment do you have? We have outdoors games such as corn-hole boards, soccer balls, and tabletop Jenga. Additionally, you are always welcome to walk throughout the vineyard and explore our grounds. Seasonally, we provide vineyard and winery tours through our production areas.